“We are the United States of Amnesia, we learn nothing because we remember nothing.”
― Gore Vidal
Donald Trump committed war crimes, Where is accountability?
We have two dominant parties concerned with power and greed, wanting to enrich the billionaires on their team.
Trump committed crimes when he bombed Syria and Iraq, he…
• continued the illegal wars in Afghanistan, Iraq, across Africa, Syria and other places, arming criminals around the world [such as Saudi Arabia’s crimes in Yemen]
• continued the illegal torture of prisoners,
• continued the illegal spying on Americans,
• continued the illegal killing of civilians and increased the drone assassinations
• illegally threatened wars against N. Korea and Venezuela,
• illegally threatened nuclear war against N. Korea, and
• worked to illegally overthrow governments around the world and distributed weapons across the planet into the hands of criminals and human rights abusers.
Joe Biden is beginning to do much the same, but then the self-proclaimed “Zionist” has been a servant of imperialism much of his career. There are differences, yes, but this is not a popularity contest.
This is rule of law. This is protecting human rights. It should be. However, with each living president, they have each used violence and aggression against other nations. They each armed forces in civil wars [terrorists looking to overthrow leaders that the US was looking to depose.] The politicians and pundits point at the suffering in other nations, then they make it worse.
Let us work toward rule of law, and rise above the team games and tribalism. Stop the war machine and honor the rights and liberties of all.
Some law links
~ Charter of the United Nations ~
Chapter VII — Action with respect to Threats to the Peace, Breaches of the Peace, and Acts of Aggression
~ Convention II Article 2 Geneva Conventions ~