Some of our public officials don’t know there is opposition to the F-35’s. They have heard from few of their constituents, and because of this some don’t even have it on their radar. Even if you know they oppose the F-35’s, your elected officials need to hear from you.
What you can do:
• Contact local representatives on City Council, Dane County Board, State Senate and Assembly, and US Senate and Legislature – especially Tammy Baldwin, Mark Pocan, Joe Parisi, and Satya Rhodes-Conway.
• Show up Sept 12 at our 5:00pm press conference at the Alliant Energy Center [see map] just before the Public Hearing on the Environmental Impact Statement. We will provide matching signs to hold and stickers or buttons to wear, to make it clear that we have a sizeable opposition.
*Please contact your alder and county supervisor AS SOON AS POSSIBLE.
It can be simple, just that you oppose having the F-35’s stationed at Truax due to environmental and safety concerns.
Ask them if they’ll be attending the Sept 12th public comment session at Alliant Energy Center that the Air National Guard is holding to express their constituents’ reservations about the F-35 project.
If you want to provide more reasons go ahead. You can find lots of information attached and at safeskiescleanwaterwi.org
· Madison Alders – find your alder on this map: https://www.cityofmadison.com/Council/councilMembers/map.cfm
· Dane County Supervisors, contact information may be found here: https://board.countyofdane.com/Supervisors OR
Enter your address to find your supervisor:
· Rep. Mark Pocan…. https://pocan.house.gov/contact
· Sen. Tammy Baldwin… https://www.baldwin.senate.gov/feedback
· Dane County Exec Joe Parisi… firstname.lastname@example.org
· Mayor Satya Rhodes-Conway… https://www.cityofmadison.com/mayor/contact
If you are interested in setting up a meeting with your alder or County supervisor, please contact Tom Boswell at email@example.com or 608/718-7312.
Please share this information with as many Madisonians as you can
Thank you, you make a difference.
Content from Vicki Berenson
for Safe Skies Clean Water Wisconsin
Air Force Environmental Impact Statement…