Veterans For Peace Chapter 25 will be setting up over 6000 tombstone replicas, called the Memorial Mile, at Olbrich Park on Atwood Avenue on the shore of Lake Monona. We do this for Memorial Day to remember those who have died in conflicts in Iraq, Afghanistan and other nations of the world post September 11, 2001. This year, the display will be set up on May 25 and taken down on June 1.
If you would like to lend a hand putting up/taking down the Memorial Mile
* Setup is scheduled for Saturday, May 25, starting at 9am
* Take down – Saturday, June 1, starting at Noon
email@example.com or 608-438-7480
VFP includes all military veterans. In addition to veteran members, a select group of our allies in peace join as associate members.
Statement of Purpose
We, as military veterans, do hereby affirm our greater responsibility to serve the cause of world peace. To this end we will work, with others both nationally and internationally
1. To increase public awareness of the causes and costs of war
2. To restrain our governments from intervening, overtly and covertly, in the internal affairs of other nations
3. To end the arms race and to reduce and eventually eliminate nuclear weapons
4. To seek justice for veterans and victims of war
5. To abolish war as an instrument of national policy
To achieve these goals, members of Veterans For Peace pledge to use non-violent means and to maintain an organization that is both democratic and open with the understanding that all members are trusted to act in the best interests of the group for the larger purpose of world peace.